Walkthroughs of Duke Nukem 3D - Secrets for Episode 1
Duke Nukem 3D - Secrets for Episode 1 Walkthroughs
Duke Nukem 3D - Secrets for Episode 1
Duke Nukem 3D - Secrets for Episode 1
***** Episode 1 Level 1
* Underneath the Innocent sign (located outside) is an RPG. To get the RPG,
however, you need to do quite a bit of jumping. First, jump onto the brown
crate. Secondly, from upon the brown crate jump to the inclined roof (when
facing the Innocent sign it is on your left). Finally, jump to the ledge
just underneath the Innocent sign. Take note, the secret isn't the RPG, but
instead the ledge underneath the Innocent sign. Thus, it is possible to
trigger the secret and not obtain the RPG. Why exactly you'd want to do
that is beyond me.
* There is a hidden apartment near the Innocent sign. To reach it you must
jump on top of the brown crate located below the Innocent sign. From there
jump to the inclined ledge. Finally jump into the middle window to find the
hidden apartment which contains a box of ammo for the RPG. Be aware, you
are not credited with finding the secret apartment unless you move close to
the couch inside the apartment. That is what triggers the secret. Another
way to enter is jump on top of the parking sign located near the dumpster.
From there jump onto the ledge below the windows. The final step is simply
to jump into one of the two windows.
* Inside the hidden apartment there is a door that is being covered by a
poster. All you have to do is open that door by standing in front of the
"Attack Of Bleached Blonde Biker Bimbos" sign. Inside you'll find steroids.
* There is a hidden room inside the projection room that contains an RPG.
All you have to do in order to find the hidden room is jump on top of the
projector and the secret door will automatically open. Inside you'll find
an RPG. Beware though because also hiding inside that door is an enemy.
* There is a hidden door in the Projection room. To open it stand close the
fire extinguisher, but face the wall to the left of it. Inside you'll not
only find a box of shotgun shells, but also another entrance to the
venilation shaft. The other entrance is found in the bathroom. Thus, the
secret room that links the projection room with the venilation shaft can
also be found when you enter the venilation shaft through the bathroom.
* For two boxes of shotgun ammo and the all important jetpack it is worth it
to blow up movie screen even if there is a dancer. Turn on the movie
projector from the projection room and then go down to by the movie screen.
Use either a pipe bomb or RPG at the lower middle portion of the screen to
reveal this secret. The window on the left wall overlooks the back entrance
to the movie theater. Blow it away if you want a quick way out.
* It is a bit tricky to reach this secret room, but the chain gun, RPG,
shotgun, and box of pipebombs that are found there are well worth trying.
From the beginning of the exit bridge you'll want to fall off to the right.
You must stay very close to the wall because you are trying to fall onto the
small ledge that lines the wall. Follow the ledge all the way around the
building until you reach the front of the movie theather by the marqee.
From there proceed to jump to the top of the palm tree. Then, face the
building and try to jump through the windows that are just above the top of
the palm tree. You'll have to jump a little to the left or a little to the
right to be able to go through the windows because there's a divider
straight ahead. If you just can't seem to make it along the ledge to the
palm tree or jump through the windows and into the secret room, the other
alternative is to use a jetpack.
* To reach a full armor and a heal you can use the lift in the main lobby.
If it were only that easy though. First you'll need to push a button on the
cash register located in the main lobby. That will open the hidden door.
Next, you'll need to find the hidden lift which is located directly below
the door you just opened. Thus, the hidden lift is just to the right of the
"Attack Of Bleached Blonde Biker Bimbos" poster. You won't see the lift,
you just stand on the floor and try to activate it.
A holoduke can be obtained inside the venilation shaft by blowing away the
wall. The wall you'll want to blow away is the inside wall of the right
angle the venilation shaft forms. It is difficult to difficult to do this
without losing health because obviously using high powered equipment in
a venilation shaft is not a safe situation. Pipe bombs are the best way to
go if want to avoid losing much health.
By playing the Duke Nukem arcade game in the arcade you open a secret door.
Simply walk up to the game and try using it. Duke will say "Hmmm.. don't
have time to play with myself" which lets you know the door opened. It is
located behind the Duke arcade machine, but a little bit to the right.
Then proceed to walk up to the open door and take the holoduke. There is no
need to jump into the small niche containing the holoduke. However, if you
do and while your inside the door close, there is a toggle switch in there
that will open the door from the inside.
For quick access to the front of the movie theater you can blow away the
right wall of the ticket booth. You'll want to aim the RPG or a pipebomb
through the ticket booth's window at the right wall inside. This is best
done with a pipebomb so you can avoid loosing any health, but it also can
be done with the RPG and you won't lose any health if it is done properly.
If you try pushing the trashcan located in the main lobby next to the arcade
lift you'll open a door. However, in order to reach the door you need to do
two things. First, jump onto the trashcan you just pushed. Secondly, while
on top of the trashcan and facing the wall, jump. You'll see an open door
with a small medkit, box of pipebombs, and a pair of night vision goggles.
Simply move onto the ledge while you are in midair to and then collect the
items. The intended way for this to be done is pushing the wall when you
are on top of the trashcan to reveal the door. However, pushing the
trashcan is probably easier. Neither was is too difficult though.
While you are on the exit bridge turn on your jetpack and ascend as high as
you can. Once you reach the top you'll see two wall mounted guns shooting
at you. Blow them away as they do count in the enemy count at the end of
the level. Also you should notice a niche (behind you when facing in the
direction of the exit below) which contains two boxes of shotgun shells and
***** Episode 1 Level 2
* Inside the Forbidden Videos & Books there is a hidden holoduke and healing
atom. To reach this holoduke go to the back left corner of the bookstore,
behind the counter. From there jump on top of the bookshelf. Reveal the
hidden door by pushing against the wall in the corner. Inside you'll find
the holoduke and a healing atom.
* Lining the right wall of Forbidden Videos & Books are several book cases.
One of them is really a secret door. Behind the door is a RPG and armor.
The book shelf that moves is the third from the left when facing the
* When you begin to reach the end of the dark hallway past the locked door
in Forbidden Videos & Books turn to the right as soon as you can. Proceed
to walk forward until you hit a wall. At that point turn to your left and
go straight until you enter a lighted area. There you will find a healing
atom. This secret is best done when using the night goggles. Otherwise, it
will probably take you a few tries.
* There are two ways to access a hidden area which contains steroids and a
holoduke. The first, and probably more difficult way, is to go through the
sewer. In order to do this blow open the man hole cover which is found on
the demolished building. It is easiest to open the man hole cover with a
pipe bomb. Now, fall through the man hole and follow the sewage until the
end. At the end if you look to your left you'll see a dry area. The dry
area is ramp which leads upwards to the bathroom in the strip club. Along
the way up the ramp you'll see the holoduke and steroids. Unfortunately,
you cannot enter the strip club from the sewer because the door is locked.
Thus, the alternative way to do this secret is enter the only stall in the
strip club's bathroom. The back wall of the stall is a locked door which
can only be unlocked from inside. Once you open the door you'll be at the
top of the secret ramp which leads into the sewer.
* Near the back left corner of the dance area is a couch. By standing on
this couch you'll open a door on the right wall behind the dancers. The
door only stays open for a very limited amount of time so you'll have to
hurry to make it before the door closes. Inside you'll find a chaingun and
a box of ammo for the chaingun. Also, there is a toggle switch which opens
the door in case it closes while you are inside.
* There is a venilation shaft on the right wall in the dance area. It isn't
that the venilation shaft is hidden behind a door or anything it is just
hard to spot. You'll have to jump to reach it, but once blown away you can
get backstage. Backstage is were you'll find the exit. As you travel
through the shaft you will be able to pick up a healing atom and a box of
* A pair of night goggles can be found backstage on the raised platform next
to the lever that opens and closes the curtains. To get there up there
you'll need to use a jetpack. I'm quite sure this secret can be done
without a jetpack, but as of yet I don't know how.
* Backstage you'll see a raised platform the leads to two wodden crates.
Look at the wall behind these wooden crates. It is lit in only one small
area. That part of the wall is actually a door. Swing open the door to
reveal a box of RPG ammo.
In the back of Forbidden Videos & Books are two signs. One reads "No One
Under 18 Permitted". Follow the direction of that sign, left, until you
reach a somewhat long hallway lined with a blue curtain. Each section of
that curtain is actually a door to peepshow. Each of these contain an item
of some sort. The item is either revealed when a garbage can is shot at
or it is found in place of the peepshow monitor.
When you are inside the bathroom at Forbidden Videos & Books use the dryer.
This will cause a door to open in the middle of the bathroom revealing a
pair of night goggles.
You'll find the red keycard in the bar, but it is not out in the open. In
order to find it simply open the cabinet underneath the shelf with all the
wine bottles on it.
***** Episode 1 Level 3
* 1. Enter the booth which lies to your right when you start the level.
2. Press the left hand switch inside the booth next to the window.
3. Notice that caused the elextric chair to lower. You can go below,
the electric chair is now, by walking while you duck. You can collect
shotgun and box of shotgun ammo.
* 1. Push on the face in the chapel. it is on the dais. It should've
caused the cross to turn upside-down. Also a door should've opened
the stained glass window on your left.
2. Before entering the door kill the octabrain by shooting him through the
cross. Hell of a lot easier than facing him in the tunnel.
3. Enter the door which leads you through a tunnel behind the cross. At
the end you'll pick up a chaingun and see a "DOOMED space marine."
1. Shoot the hanging monk in the chapel. He's hanging from the ceiling in
the back of the chapel.
2. Collect the healing atom that falls from the ceilling when you shoot
* 1. In the chapel, stand against the back wall in the middle. Face the
dais and notice there is a switch above it.
2. Shoot the switch. This is probably best done with the shotgun.
3. Shooting the switch causes a platform under you to raise. Turn around
once the platform is at it's peak and collect the armor and healing
* 1. The jail cell with the toliet has a bed. Push against the bed to
reveal a secret hole.
2. Duck down and enter the hole. Collect the RPG ammo.
1. In the gear room, jump onto the smaller of the two gears.
2. From there jump to the healing atom. Follow the ledge all the way
3. Face the wall and push against it. It should reveal a pair of night
* 1. In the open courtyard, get on either side of the high ledge that is
divided by the tall structure. To do this you'll have to climb on one
the inclines on the front of the structure and jump from there.
2. While on the ledge use the incline to climb up the side of the
dividing the ledges. You should walk right into the structure and be
to collect three healing atoms.
1. In the room that spins when you push the switch there's a venilator
2. However, you can't see it until you spin the room.
3. Once you spin the room shoot the venilator shaft open and jump in.
There'll be an armor.
* 1. Once you get in the spinning room, spin it so there is a red door in
2. Open the door and detonate the laser triggered mines using a pipebomb
3. Cross the bridge and open the panel at the end. This reveals a map,
also, reveals two alcoves. One to your right and one to your left.
4. You'll have to jump to reach them. The one to your left contains
pipebombs while the one to your right contains a healing atom. They
count individually as a secret at the level's end.
1. In cell 3 of cell block 2 there is a poster. You can walk through the
poster. It is transperent.
2. Once you walk through the poster and reach a dead end blow up the wall
using a pipebomb.
3. Do that a second time when you reach the next dead end.
* 1. Go to the large door which leads into the back entrance of the
courtyard. Jump on top of the pilar that has the switch on it.
2. Now face the wall and open the hidden door. You'll be able to get
***** Episode 1 Level 4
* 1. At the beginning of the level, once your outside of the sub, look for
an underwater cave. There is an octabrian right at the start of the
2. Follow the cave all the way until the end. When you come out of the
water you'll be in a secret area. You will have to blow up the wall
the cave comes to a dead end.
* 1. Stand on top of the suken sub. This causes a secret place to open
inside the sub.
2. Thus, reenter the sub. Go all the way to the top. There you'll be
to collect some armor and a medkit.
* 1. Go to the ledge that over looks the sunken sub and has the blue access
2. Both of the alcoves that house a mounted gun have secret doors. Only
the one on the right counts as a secret though. Jump to the right one.
is a tough jump, but it can be done. Open the secret door which is in
back on the right wall. Inside you'll find RPG ammo
3. The one on the left cannot be reached without a jetpack. Considering
you cannot have a jetpack the only way to reach it is using a cheat
get the jetpack.
4. Once you jetpack over, the hidden door is on the left wall near the
back. Inside the wall says "How did you get here."
5. Near the front of the hidden room on the right wall open another hidden
door. It contains a holoduke.
* 1. After you enter the structure using the blue access card walk to the
part were the hallway begins to bend.
2. The wall to your right opens revealing a n empty room.
3. Open the wall in the back of this room to lead to a chaingun.
* 1. When your on the conveyor belt and the atmosphere becomes red get off
on to the landing where the sewage is.
2. The back wall of that landing opens. Collect the chaingun ammo.
* 1. After the red toxic area the coveyor belt brings you to a room with
two cylinders. Activate the switch on the wall to open the cylinders.
2. Enter the one closest to the back wall. Jump up and while in mid air
3. You should fall on a landing. You'll probably collect the heal without
getting on to the landing. However, you don't get credit for the
unless you get on the landing.
* 1. Once you raise the water level you can get one a V-shaped rock. Go to
the right part of the rock.
2. From there jump to the opening you see in the wall.
3. Inside there turn on your night goggles. Get the RPG ammo, medkit, and
shotgun. Note, it is not until you jump on the ledge with the medkit
the secret is registered as being found.
* 1. After jumping from the left side of the V-shaped rock to the landing
you'll see a crack on the wall to your left. Blow it open.
2. Inside there you'll see another crack. Blow it open too.
3. Now you'll collect a healing atom and see yet another crack in the wall
to your left. Blow it open for another secret and a quick way back to
start of the level.
* 1. In the room with the switch that opens cell block two push against the
right wall in the back.
2. Now duck to enter the hidden room. Inside there's shotgun ammo and
1. After you pass the gears you are faced with four black walls. The one
in the back right corner is transperent. Go through it.
2. Collect the armor and scuba gear.
* 1. After the gears you'll come to a place where you travel through the
tunnel with the flow of water. Keep an eye on the right wall for a
When you see it blow it open using a pipebomb or RPG.
2. Inside you'll see a medkit and a transporter. Use the transporter to
reach a secret area with RPG ammo.
* 1. At the start of the green tunnel look for the source waterfall. Right
above it is a venilation fan. Blow it up.
2. Now using the ledge on the right side of the room jump into the area
exposed. Inside you'll find two heal atoms.
* 1. At the last lighted part of the sewer before the end, notice there's
crack in the left wall. Blow it open using RPG or a pipebomb.
2. It contains the secret level exit. Just hit the button to exit the
level like you would any other.
***** Episode 1 Level 5
1. The spring near the chanting cave is transperent. Walk through it for
* 1. In the ceremonial fire room, jump into the fire. The fire you want to
jump into is encircled with a high stone wall on all sides.
2. This will transport you to another room. Jump out of the pit and
collect the two healing atoms and RPG ammo.
* 1. In the secret room that you get to from jumping in the fire pit
there's a stepping stone. Use it to reach an alcove in the wall to
right. Collect the RPG ammo.
1. After you put your hand in the print that opens the door in the
ceremonial fire room jump on top of it.
2. From there jump to the alcove above you and on your right. You'll find
a pair of night goggles.
* 1. Pressing the handprint at the end of the long tunnel that connects to
the lava lake opens a door above the right lavafall. Jump through the
2. Jump on the river through the door until you see a landing on your
3. Jump to the landing. Follow the tunnel.
4. You should see a girl dancing and some heal atoms. Collect the two
* 1. In the room with the handprint that opens the lava river there's a
crack in the back right wall. Blow it open for a medkit, 2 shotgun
ammo, pistol ammo, and chaingun ammo. Also it leads to back near the
1. Using the jetpack fly towards the shrink ray cave. Inside you'll see
a message that says "You are not supposed to be here - Levellord."
Interesting, but real serves no purpose.
1. After you get your first look of the ship you'll soon come to a part,
which, you must jump from pilar to pilar. If you look at front of the
pilar you'll see the "Dopefish Lives" message. This message is near
bottom, thus, the easiest way to see it: Put the game in god mode.
fall down. Once you reach the bottom begin looking for it on the
* 1. As you face the huge ship door the wall behind you in the right corner
is actually a door. Open it.
2. Follow the path up until you reach the healing atom. Collect it.
Duke Nukem 3D - Secrets for Episodes 2 & 3
I. List of secrets for Episode 2
+ The number in parenthesis beside the name of the level denotes the
total secrets in that specific map.
E2L1 - Spaceport (6)
1. Check the column of broken screens in the room with lots of monitors
showing the Earth and Moon.
2. Walk to the monitor in the dead end near starting point, a niche
will open to your back.
3. Jump into the vent in the room with a blue key.
4. Solve puzzle with 4 switches by turning the third switch from left.
Enter door and go down through the elevator.
5. In the central column area on second floor, fly and pick up the atomic
health near the ceiling, you'll hear a door opened. Now quickly
jump down through the column, go back to the first floor, and look for
an opened door at a corner.
6. Fly up from central column.
E2L2 - Incubator (5)
1-2. In the opposite direction of the yellow switch, open up the little
niche, get into it and search the inside wall again.
3. Jump into the Earth Defense emblem.
4. Search for a door left of the rising console in the lower dark area.
5. Open a panel in the upper dark area.
E2L3 - Warp Factor (2)
1. After the entering the yellow door, find a niche with steroid in it,
look up and shoot the switch. Quickly run to the other side of the
room and enter the now lowered column. Welcome to the Bridge of
Starship Enterprise! :)
2. Operate "Picard's console" for yet another little surprise.
E2L4 - Fusion Station (7)
1. In the squishing lightning columns area, search the wall facing the
columns on the other side of the entrance.
2. Turn left from the secret area described above and fly up for another
3. Get down one of the lightning columns and search the wall facing the
4. In the rotating water driven motor area, walk in front of the monitor.
You'll then hear a door open, quickly rush across the water to the
other side of the room, a secret room is opened.
5. On the third level in the central complex, enter the left room upon
entrance. Search the column at a corner.
6. On the third level in the central complex, enter the double door and
fly up to the ledge, there is a crack in the cave to your right.
7. On the same ledge, go to the secret place to your left.
1. After opening the huge gate near the emblem, crouch and walk into the
gate's right end.
2. After you walk deep into the moonlight corridor, a door will open
near the entrance.
3. In same moonlight corridor, there are two vents facing the holoduke
4. In the red door room, go straight ahead and check the lower right
E2L6 - Tiberius Station (8)
1. Get into the armory, there is another small door directly ahead of you.
2. Bomb a crack after you enter the door with a Tiberius Station sign.
3. Enter an invisible wall opposite the drinking fountain in the dark
corridor with 2 elevators.
4. Search the wall beside the door with a Danger: Radioactive Material
5. In the toxin pool, float on top of the toxin and swim to your left,
search the wall for a room.
6. Do the above to the right wall.
7. Bomb another crack after the elevator near the toxin pool.
8. After killing the mini boss in the red key room, turn left and get
into the vent. Quickly move toward the other end of vent and fly into
the now opened door.
E2L7 - Lunar Reactor (7)
1. After dropping through the vent in Crew Quarters, hit the switch
and quickly run to the right niche. Now search for a secret room in
a corner in the toxin pool.
2. In the open area where a turret is shooting at you, turn to your left
and search the panel.
3. In the same open area, there is a cave straight below the turret.
Jump into it and May The Force Be With You.
4. Shoot the hanging vent and jump on top of it, there is a cave to your
5. Follow the yellow turbine to where the red card is, search the panel
to the right of the card.
6. Jump into the room to the left of the reactor.
7. Jump into the room to the right in the same area.
E2L8 - Darkside (7)
1. Check the map in the central room overseeing the Alpha and Beta signs.
2. Bomb a crack in the Alpha train waiting area.
3. After passing the collapsing cave in Alpha, go through the door and
enter the area to your right. Check the wall to the right of the
tubes. You can do the above to the left area also.
4. In the train waiting area after the blue key elevator in Gamma
Transport, check the map for a niche.
5. In Gamma, enter the vent after the elevator. Follow the tunnel and
enter the room to your left. Bomb a crack high up.
6. In the Beta train waiting area, fly up through a vent.
7. After jumping out of the monolith, turn to your left and bomb the
crack. The passage will lead you to the secret area "Lunatic Fringe".
E2L9 - Overlord (4)
1. After you swim out of the beginning passage, swim up to the water
surface and search for an invisible wall nearby.
2. Jump to the central lightning column after it comes down, quickly
rush to a now opened column by the side of the water.
3. Bomb a crack mid way up a path near the waterfall after killing the
4. While you're fighting the boss, quickly slip into his control room,
a wall facing the huge door will now open.
List of secrets for Episode 3
E3L1 - Raw Meat (7)
1. After you enter the Japanese restaurant, jump into the invisible
wall beside the first ceramic doll.
2. Search the Exotic girl poster.
3. Blow up the crack in the last room down the corridor.
4. Search the price list left of the BAR flourescent light.
5. In the sushi bar area, touch the bloody handprint and a room around
the corner will open.
6. Opposite of the bloody handprint, open the ground cupboard.
Crouch and walk into it, turn to your left search the wall.
7. In the kitchen, search the cupboard next to the entrance door.
E3L2 - Bank Roll (5)
1. Open the ATM machine in front of the bank.
2. In the blue key area, click the button behind the desk, the painting
in the room will open.
3. Just after you enter the bank, turn right and look up the wall, shoot
the button and the telephone will open behind you.
4. Outside the secured area, search the painting behind the desk.
5. Get into the Gamma turbine, blow up the red colored crack in a corner.
E3L3 - Flood Zone (5)
1. Shoot the vines underwater near the waterfall, enter the cave and
2. On the platform with the blue key, jump into the invisible wall to
3. After exiting the yellow door, turn right and jump up to the small
cave, search the wall at the end.
4. Fly up to the end of the building facing the Alley Cat Lounge sign,
check the last window to your right.
5. Push the yellow Hard Hat Area sign inside red door, a crate will open
around the left corner.
E3L4 - L.A. Rumble (3)
1. Bomb the crack to your right after you leave the sewer in the
2. In the kitchen area with a blue key, check the cupboard "under the
3. In the CEO room, check the painting to the right of the red key.
E3L5 - Movie Set (4)
1. Push the register in the beginning area, rush to the snack vending
machine near the blue key.
2. Jump into the Earth screen facing the spaceship set.
3. Search the stack of boxes facing the Stage 17B sign.
4. Jump into the Duke Nukem poster in the open area.
* Push the USA sign near the yellow key. It'll open up the room to the
secret level "Tier Drops".
E3L6 - Rabid Transit (6)
1. At the first station, search the Lunar Apocalypse poster.
2. Jump onto the left condom vending machine facing the train.
3. While you're walking on the track toward the second station,
blow up a crack to the right of the box with a Devastator.
4. At the second station, search the "No Loitering" sign on top of a
5. Search the wall in the dark area beside the mailbox.
6. Lower the left shelf in the red door room by jumping from the top of
the left shelf to the right one.
E3L7 - Fahrenheit (4)
1. In the house near the "Guilty" sign, search the painting.
2. Blast all the bottles in the same area and jump into the shelf.
3. Rush into the invisible curtain in KTIT broadcasting station.
4. Open the door in the monitors area in KTIT. It's a secret place but
the red key is in there also.
E3L8 - Hotel Hell (3)
1. Search the wooden wall on the 2nd floor bar.
2. In the same area, search the wine cupboard.
3. Rush into the fountain near the swimming pool. You'll then be
teleported to a jungle. Touch the bloody handprint and go meet
* The entrace to the secret level "Freeway" is in the above jungle area
E3L9 - Stadium (0)
* Shoot the Duf Beer air balloon for lotsa goodies!
E3L10 - Tier Drops (4)
1-4. Open the walls between the smaller niches in Alpha, Beta, Gamma and
E3L11 - Freeway (5)
1. Go to the right end of the freeway (relative to your starting position),
jump up to the left ledge and search the leftmost window.
2. On the "upper" freeway, search the window opposite the blue key console.
3. Blow up the crack near the blue key.
4. Search the shelf near the blue key.
5. In the conveyor belt building, jump into the yellow and black strip
sign facing the Terminator.